at 11pm on #raitunes with #VersuS exploring the #realtime emotions of cities #UrbanSensing http://bit.ly/w1Jqzl
The Electronic Man at Robots and Avatars http://wp.me/pnaKK-xR #electronicman
http://ping.fm/fAQIY #smart #cities scientific article and conference at Share Festival Nov.3 2011
#RWR Read/Write Reality a workshop on #ubiquitous #pubishing http://bit.ly/n9ZJ10
RWR – READ/WRITE REALITY
WHAT: 3+1 days of intensive workshop on the possibilities offered by Ubiquitous Publishing techniques and technologies
WHEN: from 13th to 16th September 2011
WHERE: Cava de’ Tirreni (Amalfi Coast, Italy)
Do you want to learn about new business models, new forms of expression, new possibilities for culture and knowdledge?
Are you looking for new tools for freedom of communication, expression and for knowledge or content diffusion?
Would you like to discover what will be the next possibilities for e-books and digital publishing, starting from the opportunities offered by our present times?
Do you want to learn and acquire the “new ways of writing on the world” that are turning our bodies, architectures, spaces and objects into publishing surfaces?
READ/WRITE REALITY (RWR) is an intensive and visionary workshop created to pragmatically explore the methodological, technical and technological possibilities offered by Ubiquitous Publishing.
A 3+1 days hands-on and minds-on program in which we will follow you through the creation of a full ubiquitous publishing project, starting from scratch and ending up at product release. Participants will learn the methodologies, the conceptual and technological frameworks which will enable individuals, organizations, companies or collectives to use ubiquitous technologies to enact new forms of communication and expression, new business models, new ways in which you can activate your strategies and observe their effects.
Out of the monitor, in the spaces of our cities, bodies, objects and products.
RWR will be held on September 13-14-15+16 in Cava de’ Tirreni, at the Ostello “Borgo Scacciaventi”, a beautiful setting in a 15th century building near to the famous Amalifi Coast. The workshop will fill 3+1 days of intense activities, visionary discussions, engaging hands-on practices, on-the-field explorations and content-production, an “ubiquitous movida” to be discovered, great food, wine and scenery, in contact with the rooted traditions of the beautiful South of Italy.
During the last day (Sept. 16th) a big party and a city-wide event will mark the achievement of your work: the result of the RWR workshop will be exposed in a prestigious building in the center of Cava de’ Tirreni, at the presence of internationally known academics and researchers.
The workshop is addresed to:
- designers (wishing to know,understand and use Ubiquitous Publishing technologies);
- communicators (who want to understand and learnhow to bring digital information out of the monitor, into the city, in people’s pockets, on objects and in the places we traverse in our daily lives);
- developers (who want to learn how to build engaging ubiquitous interactive experiences);
- artists, journalists, scientists and researchers (wishing to add ubiquitous technologies to their toolset for expression, information, knowledge, education and research practices);
- and strategists (with the desire to gain knowledge and insights to confront with the next step of digital communication).
Technologies you will use:
- iPhone, iPad, Android smartphones and tablets
- location based, GPS, digital compass
- accelerometers for gesture-based interactions
- augmented reality: location-based, marker-based, computer vision based
- mobile tagging: QRCode, barcodes
- HTML5, CSS3, WebGL
- multimedia of all sorts, 3D, 2D, sound, immersive sounds and visuals
- projection mapping for architecture-based content and interaction
Deadline for enrollment & Conditions
20th August 2011
Only a limited number of 35 people will be accepted:
ATTENTION! Students, artists, researchers, people working in educational or non-profit sector, young (less than 26 years old) and old (over 70), benefit from special conditions!
RWR is a project by
in collaboration with:
Cantro Studi di Etnografia Digitale, Ninja Marketing, Ostello “Borgo Scacciaventi”
LiberLiber, MELTINGPOT – Cantiere Creativo per la New Media Art, Piemonte Share Festival, StoriaContinua
More info at:
#electronicman at #MACRO #addfestival http://wp.me/pnaKK-os join in the global performance
#electronicman download the iPhone/iPad app and join the global performance! http://wp.me/pnaKK-on
after #mcluhan #centennial in rome http://wp.me/pnaKK-nW The #electronicman lives on, all over the world
last few hours before #mcluhan #centennial in Rome http://bit.ly/iuIFa0 contribute to the #electronicman
become one with the Electronic Man http://bit.ly/iuIFa0 #mcluhan #centennial
The birth of the Electronic Man! #mcluhan #centennial http://wp.me/pnaKK-nD
Something wonderful is about to happen.
100 years after McLuhan’s birth we all have the chance of becoming part of the body and mind of the Electronic Man.
The happy event will take place in Rome, on May 31st, 2011, during the celebration of McLuhan’s centennial, and it will engage everyone, everywhere.
Join us in the birth of the Electronic Man by giving it one of your emotions as a present!
It will only take you a couple of minutes:
- download the PDF file at the address http://electronicman.artisopensource.net/electronic-man-qrcode-stickers-a4.pdf
- print it out: it contains the stickers that allow people to become part of the electronic man
- cut the stickers apart, and attach them somewhere in your city, in your office, in your favourite bar, in your school, wherever you want
- take a picture of the sticker and send it to us at email@example.com If you want can include your name, a link to your website, and a short bio: we will include all images and info at the exhibit for the big event for McLuhan’s Centennial celebrations in Rome, and on the Electronic Man’s website
- if you want you can scan the QRCode on the sticker with your smartphone: it will take you directly to the Electronic Man, and you will be able to join its ubiquitous body
Or, if you don’t know how to scan a QRCode, you can go to this address: http://electronicman.artisopensource.net/index.php?i=1
(both modes will ask you for your location: it is used to understand the distribution of the body of the Electronic Man, we won’t do anything bad with/to your info, and we will throw it away immediately)
Please spread this message!
The Electronic Man is an opportunity to feel connected to your fellow humans!
And please come to the event in Rome if you’re close by: you will experience the birth of the Electronic Man.
The Electronic Man
Salvatore Iaconesi, concept | design | technology
Oriana Persico, communication | process | networks
FakePress Publishing, production
Art is Open Source, production
Maria Pia Rossignaud, curator | production
Media2000 & Associazione Amici di Media2000, production
Derrick de Kerckove, scientific direction | inspiration
Marshall McLuhan, this project could not have existed without him :)
More info at:
McLuhan Centennial in Rome
Art is Open Source
Next Step Publishing al Salone del Libro di Torino http://wp.me/pnaKK-n5 oltre gli #ebook scenari di realtÃ aumentata e narrative ubique